Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Adam where are you?

It seems that many have a great fear about being themselves. They tend to hide or try to blend. What if people knew this or that about you? They would not accept that. But perhaps if they knew this about you they might actually be relieved to know that they are not crazy.  Wouldn't be refreshing to know that we are not alone in our struggles? When I go to church, I see so many people. The conversations in the hall are, "how are you today?" "I'm doing fine." over and over again people are doing fine. How can so many people be doing so fine when I've have so many struggles. Don't get me wrong, I've struggled with what to say in that situation. I think we say we are fine because we don't want to deal with what we really are. So so much hurt and pain gets pushed down and not dealt with. I believe that like Adam in the Genesis creation story most of us even Christians are: a) not real with God b) not real with others c)not real with ourselves. The power in the Gospel is that God comes to save or  lend help to those who realize their helplessness. Folks I'm helpless. I experience great comfort in God but I also experience God in relation to others. Can we stop hiding and help each other?

No comments:

Post a Comment